1. Basic Policy for Protection of Personal Information
2. Scope of Application
3. Purposes of Use
Please see “Purposes of Use of Personal Information” for the purposes of use of personal information by Shima Seiki. The purposes of use of personal information to be acquired by Shima Seiki through its services may be separately set forth in the relevant Service-Specific Policy.
4. Amendment of Purposes of Use
5. Acquisition, Use, Provision and Entrustment of Personal Information
Shima Seiki will acquire personal information only to the extent necessary, and will not acquire any personal information through fraud or any other unlawful method.
Shima Seiki will not use any personal information acquired beyond the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use without obtaining the prior consent of the subject of such information. Shima Seiki may, however, use personal information beyond the scope of the purposes of use, if such use is permitted by laws and regulations.
Shima Seiki will not use personal information in any manner which may promote or induce any illegal or unjust act.
Except for the cases set forth below, Shima Seiki will not provide any personal data acquired by it to any third party without obtaining the prior consent of the subject of such data:
- Provision of personal data to third parties is permitted by laws and regulations;
- Handling of personal data is outsourced to another service provider within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use;
- Personal data is provided through succession of business through merger or any other similar event;
- Personal data is provided after it is processed into statistical data; and,
- Personal data is shared as set forth in the following paragraph.
(4) Shared Use
Shima Seiki may share personal data in its possession within the scope necessary to implement the purposes of use with its group companies and its sales agents/distributors. Please visit the website (https://www.shimaseiki.com/company/network/) for the group companies and the sales agents/distributors with which such personal data may be shared.
Types of personal data that will be shared are as described below:
Addresses, names, postal codes, telephone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses, names of companies or the like that the relevant persons belong to, details of transactions, information provided, details of inquiries, etc.
Shima Seiki is responsible for the management of such personal data that will be shared.
The name, address and the representative of Shima Seiki are as follows:
SHIMA SEIKI MFG., LTD.
85 Sakata, Wakayama, 641-8511 Japan
Mitsuhiro Shima, President
6. Security Measures for Personal Information
Shima Seiki will take necessary and appropriate information security measures as safety control actions, in order to protect personal information from unauthorized access, tampering, divulgence, loss, damage or the like, and also strive to improve such measures.
7. Use of Google Analytics
Shima Seiki's website collects information of viewers by using Google Analytics to keep track of the use of the website. For more details, please visit the following Google websites.
Google Analytics Terms of Service (external site)
How Google Uses Information From Sites or Apps That Use Our Service (external site)
SHIMA SEIKI MFG., LTD.
Mitsuhiro Shima, President
(Established on) April 1, 2005
(Amended on) May 1, 2022
If you have any questions or concerns regarding personal information, please contact us here.
Purposes of Use of Personal Information
Shima Seiki uses personal information in its possession in its business activities within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes described below:
Personal information of customers (if such customer is a corporation, any officers and employees of such corporation):
- Verification of identity or personal authentication of customers
- Delivery of purchased products or the like;
- After-sale services for products purchased or services used;
- Introduction, provision of information, or notification of exhibitions or the like of products or services of Shima Seiki;
- Responding to requests from customers (consultations, inquiries, requests for materials, etc.);
- Performance of obligations or exercise of rights under agreements or the like with customers; and
- Improvement and enhancement of the quality of products and operations of Shima Seiki, and development of new products and services.
Personal information of business partners (if such business partner is a corporation, any officers and employees of such business partner):
- Performance of obligations or exercise of rights under agreements or the like with business partners;
- Communication relating to business negotiations or meetings; and
- Management of information of business partners.
Personal information of shareholders (if such shareholder is a corporation, any officers and employees of such shareholder):
- Performance of obligations or exercise of rights under the Companies Act of Japan;
- Various communications from Shima Seiki to shareholders;
- Provision of various facilities (including shareholder benefits) by Shima Seiki to shareholders;
- Implementation of various initiatives by Shima Seiki with respect to shareholders;
- Management of data of shareholders in accordance with prescribed standards under various laws and regulations; and
- Provision of such personal information to the transfer agent within the scope necessary to conduct administrative operations relating to shares.
Information of job applicants:
- Communication with job applicants, provision of recruitment and other information, hiring and selection process.